• You are not logged in. | Login

Post a reply

• Index
  •  » GProTab
  •  » Official "Hello" topic - Introduce yourself right here...

October 10, 2006 6:42 pm

njneere
=GProTab Administrator= Platinum Tabber
United States

Official "Hello" topic - Introduce yourself right here...

Want to introduce yourself?  Post it here. Tell us all about yourself, your musical interests, etc...

Most of all, welcome to Gprotab.net!!!

~Grateful I'm not dead~

{{ 82 tabs / 1  corrections }}

October 10, 2006 7:05 pm

bnm_lord
Silver Tabber

Re: Official "Hello" topic - Introduce yourself right here...

Why didn't anyone think of that before ? Good idea, but aren't you going to introduce yourself njneere ?

ok here I come

My real name is Laurent-Olivier, I'm 19, I live in Montréal, Québec, home of the mighty habs ! I've been doing music since I was about 4 or 5. I'm a pretty good pianist, a good singer, an intermediate guitarist, a bassist you wouldn't want in your band and a terrible drummer. I currently have 4 musical projects of different musical styles in which I handle different instruments, and those 4 bands are awesome (hehe). I usually listen to prog and experimental music, but I like some mainstream stuff too. I have the perfect pitch which makes it easier to make tabs for me, but I suck at tabbing drums (feel free to correct my drum tabs). I'm classicaly trained in piano, theory and composition and I am currently studying in ''applied digital techniques for sound and music'' to work in sound recording/production/mixing/live sound/etc.

So if you have any questions on sound technologies (including MIDI), sound recordings or anything concerning sound, I'll do my best to help you. Any questions about piano... ask me. You have a question about musical theory and Mangoré is absent ? I'll try to help.

Cheers

Last edited by bnm_lord (October 10, 2006 7:07 pm)

October 10, 2006 10:31 pm

njneere
United States

OK, here goes...

My real name is Chuck, and I live in a small town called Hell, in southeastern Michigan. (It's near Ann Arbor). Before you laugh, yes there really is a Hell, Michigan. My town is trying to become the official site of Halloween, as well. Reference http://www.hell2u.com

I have been playing the guitar on and off for more than 30 years, but only about 7 or 8 years ago did I get really serious about playing, and about 5 years ago I got serious about music theory, making tablatures, and all that good stuff. I wrote ascii tabs at first, then went to powertabs for a while. I finally found Guitar-pro in 2004, and have been on a quest to learn more and more ever since.  I was a regular reader of guitar forums, including MSB, for the last few years until I finally joined MSB in 2005. I did to begin posting in the forums, and asking more questions from some of the wonderful musicians I found there. I made some nice "net friends" there that remain today.

My mother was a piano teacher, and I took lessons from here on and off for many years. I can still play a bit, and I'm glad she was so patient with me as I never really got serious for her. I turned to the guitar in my teens, and have was so busy working, and all that I never really got serious about the guitar until the last 7 or 8 years as I mentioned. Now I play the accoustic guitar, electric as well, and I like to make gp tabs, and am learning to compose my own work. I made a few neat jams with some really good tabbers, and guitarists that I am proud to be a part of. I took lessons for three years, until I found guitar-pro. Now it is one of my instructors also. I consider myself an intermediate skilled player. I am no thrasher, nor a speed freak. I'm just a good old hippie dude that loves a good camfire, great music, and a few guitar playing buddies all playing together on a nice evening... I play rhythm guitar, because of a car accident, I lost most of my little finger on my fret hand, and that really hinders my abilities for many many chords, so I usually have to improvise when it comes to playing a wole lot of songs. I have been invited on stage with a few band that I am pals with, and it is an honor each time I am asked up on the stage. I am a guitar technician for my friends' band - Deep Space Six. http://www.deepspacesix.com

I try to be helpful, friendly, and thoughtful of other's, and I try to treat people like I want to be treated. That almost always works for me.

My days at msb are more or less behind me now, as I don't see many of the people  posting that I was acquainted with there very much anymore; and IMHO, the postboosting is way out of hand over there these days. It's hard to get a straight answer anymore, and the topics are really terrible. Not much for me to learn there right now. Ever since they ceased the downloading, it's been a pretty big mess over there. I guess postboosting is more or less all some people have to do with thier time. I don't get along with a couple of of their younger members either. I don't really know why, but kids don't seem to like hearing they are wrong. I guess I never did, either, so I really can't blame them for being young. I can do without the hassles, though. It's really sad that rep won't let anyone know what the MSB site plans are. That alone could help the members that have been there for a long time understand whats going on, as well as the newer ones.

When Duke first posted at msb for this new site, I was very miffed, and I didn't know what to think about someone just taking all the tabs, and making a new site. After all, it took msb more than 4 years to get those tabs, and in a swift move, voila! All the tabs are going here, also. Including mine. So I asked him what his intentions were, and if he would give credit to those who made those tabs. It was then that he invited me to be a moderator. I was pleasantly surprised, and I accepted the offer. After a while, Duke made me an admin, and that is something I hold in high valor. I will try to do my best to help anyone I am able to; and will work as hard as I can to help this site grow, and prosper. I make sure everyone who registers and asks for it, will get credited for their tabs. And I will continue to do so as long as I am here. I acquired some of MSB's old mods to help out here, and some of them are still mods over there. I think we have some great moderators, and very talented people here - so long live Gprotab!!!

~Grateful I'm not dead~

October 11, 2006 5:19 am

beba nema zvecku
Silver Tabber

My life is prety short,i hope it wont stay like that i wanna be an old granpa who emareses
everybody around him smiley-biggrin.I live in Koprivnica,Croatia.My town aint that big you could say its more a vilage than a town but we have a food factory called Podravka so thats why many people come to work and live here.I Started playing when i was 13.
First i wanted to play the drums but as a child i was always fascinated by the bass
so i and up playing the bass.I seriously get to playing with 14 when my cousen introduce
me with msb ande guitar pro.At that point of my life music become a very important thing in my life.I joined msb when i made my first composition and started poosting right away.I dont play in a band but would liked to have one(does anybody know a good shop with bands),altought my playing skills suck.If your interested in some colabrations with me just tell me so.Oh yeah forgot to mention my real name is Bruno and the last name
is Bartolec.

Peace and pleasure,my people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by beba nema zvecku (October 11, 2006 5:20 am)

''... electric bassists are often failed guitar players, demoted to this duty after a band
meeting in a garage when they were thirteen.''-Frank Zappa

{{ 33 tabs / 4  corrections }}

October 11, 2006 5:41 am

Corpse
Active Tabber
Netherlands

Ok then,

My real name is Bram and i live in Holland. I'm 21 years old and i play the guitar for 14 years. I play in a death metal band called Sapiens End. I also like other styles of metal such as black, trash, melodic, lil bit of doom, and some more. I also like to play some blues and (neo) classical stuff. I work as a securitydude and parttime as a guitarteacher.
Dunno what more to say, but you can always ask

smiley-cool

Human Sweep Circus

{{ 17 tabs / 0  corrections }}

October 11, 2006 7:18 am

Gepe
Amateur Tabber
Italy

Hi my real name's Giuseppe,
i play the guitar, and a bit of piano
i play in a kind of prog metal band
i have some various projects
and i love drinking beer haha

Two Beers Or Not Two Beers??

{{ 2 tabs / 0  corrections }}

October 11, 2006 7:34 am

Corpse
Active Tabber
Netherlands

didn't know you'd play the piano a bit. When did you started playing piano and how long?

Human Sweep Circus

October 11, 2006 7:44 am

Gepe
Amateur Tabber
Italy

i started the piano before the guitar, but i don't play it that much, my sister has a piano so i play on it, when i'm tired of playing the guitar smiley-smile
was that a postboost?? smiley-rolleyes

Two Beers Or Not Two Beers??

{{ 2 tabs / 0  corrections }}

October 11, 2006 3:46 pm

Cepheid
Active Tabber
Turkey

Ah oh...great topic. Well then let me introduce you to a very nice person I know:

ME

I am Kemal, I was born in Germany in 1984. I live in the city of Essen. About 90km northern of Cologne aaaaaand I am single but that does not bother me. I want to live my life as long as I can smiley-biggrin

Well, since 2 1/2 years I play guitar and bass (I know 19 is late for starting with guitar). I started with GP3 and from the first day on I composed music. Now I guess my composing skills are much better than my playing skills.

But I will let you be the judge of that, these are my compositions:

http://www.gprotab.net/browse_tabs.php?artist_id=2758

The tabs with "Submitted by Cepheid" are my newer ones.

My guitar:

http://efn.ef.funpic.de/include/images/usergallery/img_13.jpg
My bass:

http://efn.ef.funpic.de/include/images/usergallery/img_9.JPG

OK enough about music:

I am a computer-freak (I love to tweak my PC, I love PC-Games)
I am a sports-freak (I ride mountainbike a lot, I do fighting a lot => Ving Chun)
I am a miniatures-freak and models-freak (I collect and play Warhammer 40k)
I am an astronomy-freak (I read a lot of astronomy books)

eerrm.......what else.......smiley-unsure

ahh of course......this is me:

http://efn.ef.funpic.de/include/images/usergallery/img_14.jpg

yes it is dumb but this is the best picture of me I got

Last edited by Cepheid (October 11, 2006 3:49 pm)

My Compositions

Innocence proofs nothing
smiley-bounce

{{ 18 tabs / 0  corrections }}

October 11, 2006 9:40 pm

bnm_lord
Silver Tabber

Sweet, another astronomy freak ! smiley-happy

October 12, 2006 12:32 am

JBTaylorSr
Platinum Tabber
United States

OK, why not ...

My name is John B. Taylor, Sr. (original nick, huh?). I am 46 years old, and I currently live in North Carolina, USA. I am married - 3rd time, 13 yrs. this time - I have 8 kids from 14 - 28 and 5 grandkids. I am the manager of a heating and air conditioning company, and have been in that field for 25 years.

My musical background hails from my mother, who studied at the New England Conservatory of Music. She was quite the piano player and singer in her time. I began piano lessons at the age of 6. I quickly became bored with it, but remebered a lot of my teachings through the years. My mother worked with me off and on, but I never became the musician she is. For me, it was just a hobby. My stage experience was limited to sitting in with a couple of local bands when the needed a keyboard player. Very basic stuff. I pretty much quit playing when I lost the use of 2 fingers on my right hand.

I got into MIDI back in the mid 90's when I got my first home computer. I had the worst souding tinny version of Claire de Lune on my computer. A few searches on the internet came up with all kinds of MIDI files. As soon as I found out that people actually made these, I was hooked. I started making MIDI files with a Yamaha MIDI keyboard. Rudimentary, at best - but it was something! The one instrument I could not duplictae was a guitar. Another internet search led me to Guitar Pro. I started with GP2.2, and my sole interest was MIDI. When I found MSB, I started making tabs. I was close to 100 tabs when MSB shut down, and now most of them are here.

As most of you probably know, I was on the MSB team for a few years, and now I look forward to working with the people here at GProtab.net.

October 12, 2006 11:59 am

Corpse
Active Tabber
Netherlands

hehe great pic Cepheid smiley-cool

Human Sweep Circus

October 12, 2006 2:11 pm

Duke
*GProTab Administrator* Amateur Tabber
Russia

I was born 1985 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan (former Soviet Union republic in Central Asia). Ethnically I am Russian and I hope to move to Russia in a year or two.
I am playing guitar for about 5-6 years. I was kinda slowly in getting things right, but when I got PC and started to play along midis in Cakewalk Guitar Studio, then along Guitar Pro, I did some real progress. I found MySongBook site in 2004 and downloaded lots of tab from there, but did not contribute because of internet availability problems and not enough skills in transcribing.
When I found MySongBook closing downloads, it was a big upset... But immediately I had an idea of making a tab site based on MSB tab archive and see what will be result. I was just glad to use my programming in skills for some real purpose. In the beginning I had no idea how many people would visit the site and how it can continue. I was surprised that even without any advertisements gprotab began to be used so extensively, that free hosting service could not handle so many visitors. Despite some technical problems, I managed to move site to the new server, and now gprotab works pretty fast and stable. Njneere has told the story of our cooperation, nothing can add to it. Just read first two pages of this MSB topic
http://mysongbook.com/forum-posts&i … tart=0.htm

Yeah, returning to me... My musical interest are mostly about metal, more melodic substyles of it. I heard Metallica's Ride the Lightning in 1998 and that fixed my musical interest to that area, before that I was pretty undecided.

Finally - here are two photos. Don't have better ones for now:

http://www.gprotab.net/files/pics/duke-cool1.jpg
http://www.gprotab.net/files/pics/duke-cool2.jpg

November 8, 2006 1:00 pm

eowyn
Silver Tabber

Hi there! I thought I'd just let you guys know that I'm around!

I am what you may call a seasoned guitarist (almost 40 years of playing... sigh!). I have a classical background (nine years in guitar technique and 5 in music theory, composition and harmony)), and I played classical guitar for several years until I decided I had had enough and moved to other genres. Although I still play some classical music from time to time, I tend to concentrate on blues and rock (mind you: strictly finger picking. I use a thumb pick, but that's it!)

Some people sometimes ask if I am a professional musician - I am not. But I do give occasional guitar lessons. I have a master degree in engineering, but I currently work in a software company.

What else? Oh yes: my real name is Jean-Michel and I live in Brussels.

That's all folks!

Make sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth!

{{ 46 tabs / 1  corrections }}

November 8, 2006 2:49 pm

stagg
Bronze Tabber
United Kingdom

my name's niall.im 16 years old. i've been playing guitar for around 6 years and i still suck. i listen to artists like radiohead, portishead, massive attack, muse, beth gibbons, deftones, thom yorke, and so on. i write songs and record them, which you can hear of course on my myspace page. apart from that........i'm really not very interesting...

oh and i look pretty much like my picture thing, only with probably more hair.

she's got vacuum cleaner eyes that suck you in
http://www.myspace.com/nialllovatt

{{ 20 tabs / 2  corrections }}

November 8, 2006 3:26 pm

Jay
United Kingdom

Greetings fellow pickers.  I'm Jay from South Wales in the UK in the Capitol City of Cardiff.  I'm 40 years old & have been playing guitar on & off for around 20 years, but I must admit I've been pretty lazy & not put in as much work & study as I should have, & am not at the level I should be for my years of playing.  Hence why I ended up here.

I'm mainly into roots music, I grew up listening to Rockabilly & Rock N Roll but also like the various associated Genres such as Country, Jazz, folk & Blues etc.  But I'm pretty open to most good guitar music & look forward to getting to know you guys, this seems a cool place & I'm happy to have found it smiley-clapping

Regards
Jay

November 8, 2006 3:45 pm

stagg
Bronze Tabber
United Kingdom

nice to see a fellow brit here, welcome smiley-smile

November 8, 2006 3:52 pm

Jay
United Kingdom

stagg wrote:

nice to see a fellow brit here, welcome smiley-smile

Thanks, where abouts are you from Stagg?

D'oh, silly question, it's right there on your MySpace page smiley-clapping

Last edited by Jay (November 8, 2006 4:00 pm)

November 8, 2006 4:46 pm

stagg
Bronze Tabber
United Kingdom

heh yeah. smack bang in the middle. smiley-tongue

November 8, 2006 7:39 pm

Cepheid
Active Tabber
Turkey

Welcome to gprotab.net

Enjoy your time here. Man it is late. Sry that I don't write more but somehow I thought at 0138hrs that I should have a look at the gpro forum.....smiley-huh

My Compositions

Innocence proofs nothing
smiley-bounce

November 9, 2006 3:59 am

beba nema zvecku
Silver Tabber

bnm_lord wrote:

Sweet, another astronomy freak ! smiley-happy

yeah its nice to see people who are interested in astronomy

''... electric bassists are often failed guitar players, demoted to this duty after a band

November 9, 2006 5:12 am

Cepheid
Active Tabber
Turkey

Well, then I suppose you astronomy guys know what a Cepheid is....smiley-smile

My Compositions

Innocence proofs nothing
smiley-bounce

November 9, 2006 2:19 pm

beba nema zvecku
Silver Tabber

i dont know what a cepheid is smiley-blush

November 9, 2006 3:07 pm

Chunkie
Active Tabber
Sweden

Hi i'm Goran. I play Guitar. I love music and it is the most important thing i have in life. Thanks.

God is dead - Nietzsche
Nietzsche is dead - God
Touché - Nietzsche

{{ 10 tabs / 0  corrections }}

November 9, 2006 4:45 pm

njneere
United States

beba nema zvecku wrote:

i dont know what a cepheid is smiley-blush

Wiki wiki

~Grateful I'm not dead~

• Index
  •  » GProTab
  •  » Official "Hello" topic - Introduce yourself right here...
  • Actions
  • Rules